Monday, May 25, 2009

Dressmaker

In my opinion, two of the most important people in a girl's life are:
1. Lifetime partner
2. Personal designer/ dressmaker.

I'm fortunate enough to have found my personal dressmaker (before she becomes unaffordably famous), who's been making me beautiful clothes since last October when I needed a special gown for an unusual wedding.

A really good personal dressmaker makes a girl feel so special with one-of-a-kind, flattering outfits made especially for her, tailored to her curves (or thelackof), suited to her style. Mind you, custom-making a dress actually costs a lot less than buying a nice one off-the-rack.

That feeling of specialness is so addictive I recently started asking Hannah (oh yes, my dressmaker has a name!) to make me some everyday wear.

Here's her sketches to give me some ideas for a very simple skirt (to wear with my many tank tops), and a very simple floral dress: (Note the hairstyle!)



And here's some more pictures of clothes she made me:



























Black and purple waist-band made instead of the yellow one below...

No comments: