Friday, July 10, 2009

No Title

Had a chat with an old friend a few weeks ago and we both mentioned how we missed listening to music together, sipping liqueur, exchanging thoughts on life.

I miss such quality time spent with friends or loved ones, enjoying the companionship and moment, connecting with each other. Now it's all about doing things, going somewhere, meeting someone. I feel disconnected. When was the last time I stayed home to listen to music with someone? When was the last time I sat on the pontoon with someone watching sunset? When was the last time someone looked at me in an admiring way? When was the last time I enjoyed the pleasures of cooking with someone?

I have been wondering what life would be like if such simple pleasures could never be experienced again. The thought scared me. It scared me even more when I realized that lately I had stopped going on strolls in the neighborhood, getting desserts, grocery shopping, playing scrabble, replaced by having dinner at 9pm, going to sleep at 10:30pm.

The scariest part was not not the current pattern - as patterns could change if one wanted them to - but being thought of as "crazy" for wanting slightly more out of everyday life.

No comments: