Thursday, February 28, 2008

Blank



My mind has been blank the past week, partly because I have been working ridiculously long hours, party because of my stomach flu, and partly because I didn't know what to think about anymore.

A mental habit is often more difficult to change than a physical, behavioural habit. I wonder if my 21-day rule applies to the mind as well. Physically, I have gotten used to occupying my whole bed again, not having kisses and hugs at all. Behaviourally, I have completely stopped expecting any emails or smses. Mentally, I have been having a lot of flashbacks but at least I have completely stopped dwelling on the emotions. Though, something still isn't right. My mind is blank most of the time - even now when I'm typing it is like bleh - without happy thoughts, excitement, anticipation, passion. It's not me. I wonder how much longer I need to float around like this before finding myself again.

What if my mind gets accustomed to being blank after 21 days?

Right now, all I want is to be on a quiet little island, alone, sitting on the beach under the sun all day staring blankly at the sea thinking about absolutely nothing. Completely switched off.

No comments: