Saturday, May 17, 2008

Freedom

Was just chatting with my friend about love and relationship, how people can do really horrible things to those they supposedly care about. My friend said that perhaps those people let go of relationships because they didn't care. I said perhaps they just cared more about other things, such as their pride, their ego, other love interest, or their freedom.

We agreed that freedom was probably the ultimate reason.

Relationships aren't easy. You give up freedom to do anything or say anything you want, whenever you want. You give up freedom to be selfish.

As free-spirited as I am, I can't see how I will be happier having absolute freedom but live for myself and myself alone. I love myself very much, but I think life is only meaningful when it is more than just me and myself...

No comments: