Sunday, May 25, 2008

Rush

I had a LEGENDARY (too much How I Met Your Mother!) dragonboat practice on Saturday, and was very proud of my performance (I know, I know, it's a TEAM sport, right?).

Last week I started getting ready for the practice and the race, doing dead lifts with dumbbells Kev got me, drinking lots of water, adding a lot more carbs to my diet, stretching, swimming..... During the practice itself, we did 4 trial races, each race consisted of about 150 strokes. The races were really amazing! Since last year's race, I hadn't felt that adrenaline rush again, with such strong focus, determination and force to hang on till the very last stroke. I didn't even realized how intense a workout it was until my deltoids, triceps, lower back, pectoral muscles (upper), glutes and hamstrings started aching like crazy since last night!

What I really want to say is, it feels GOOD to be focused and determined, giving it 110% without holding back at all. If I could apply this to every aspect of my life, I'd lead a very fulfilled and content life.

PS: And now I have to get my aching bum off the sofa to get some sleep. Ouuuch!

No comments: