Thursday, January 31, 2008

What Role Will You Play?

I wish I could have a little device that tells me what role each person will play in my life.

Lifetime friend?
Mentor?
Life partner?
2-month fling?
Unforgettable lover?
Time-filler?
Psychotic stalker trying to steal my life and identity?
Good friend who will hold my hand through hard times?
Someone who will bring out the best in me?
Someone who will bring me lots of laughter?
Fairweather friend?
No particular role?
.....

My question really is: How can I have faith in someone to love me the best he can, to want me to love him the best I can, to really want to play a significant role in my life and vice versa?

If someone asked me that, I would say: My dear, faith is about trusting without needing proof. It's a gut feel so strong you just believe and not question.

No comments: