Saturday, January 5, 2008

Mental Debate

I have not been writing lately, or I have been writing then deleting what I had written , because I feel that this is the beginning of the new year - I should stop indulging in my sad feelings, my broken heart, my shattered hopes!

I have been making very good progress - sharing my life with new friends, going on dates, meeting people, looking after myself, trying to bring some sunshine to people who need it. Though, someone pointed out that I seemed to be relaxing my principles these days, like I have given up on my ideals. Perhaps distractions are what I need right now? Or perhaps one really shouldn't try to reach for the ideal because...

No, I still am not convinced that searching for the ideal is pointless and will always end in disappointment! True, something/one I found very precious failed me - but I refuse to believe that it is a fact of life! I will be living very very happily again, and I will continue my pursuit no matter what!

For now, allow me to enjoy some harmless distractions, while I regain my composure.

No comments: