Thursday, June 5, 2008

北京

Finally, I get to travel to a city I've never visited before in 2 weeks' time - Beijing.

It's exciting because it will be so different from anywhere else I have travelled to. I have heard so much about it, yet still have so little idea what to expect. I recall receiving text messages from a friend last year raving about some cool places in Beijing and insisting on me checking it out someday. I am really curious how I will find it.

Having said that, my trip isn't all about exploring the city, but also catching up with my friends. I have 3 friends (Marianne, Bonatto and Emin) currently living in Beijing and they are kind enough to let me stay with them. Emin lives near CBD, Marianne and Bonatto in the countryside near the Language and Culture University. I really look forward to hanging out with them and letting them "foreigners" show me their favourites in Beijing.

Alright, tomorrow I'll get a Luxe Guide and start picking the top few places I need to visit during my 4 day trip!

No comments: