Saturday, June 7, 2008

Getting Ready


Can't believe another year has passed and I'm getting ready for my dragon boat race tomorrow.

This year I'm paddling with the UBC/UT team and it's much more organized than my company one. We just had our pre-race dinner, totally loaded with carbs. I just drank another bottle water to keep my body hydrated. Packed my bag for tomorrow morning:

- 3 bananas
- 3 energy bars
- 2 1.5-litre bottles of water
- shades
- uniform and cap
- towel
- inhaler
- flip flops to walk around
- gloves
- spare contact lenses
- camera
- sunblock (will be lucky if we don't have thunderstorm, not sure if sunblock will be needed)

Am so excited, and nervous. Am hoping I can do my best tomorrow. Now, going to do some stretching, get some rest, and get mentally prepared for the real thing tomorrow.

Oh, and a very important point: This year I have Kev going to the race with me to cheer for me during the first race too! :>

No comments: