Sunday, November 2, 2008

Comfort Zone - Part 2

You know, I realize that when a girl has some relationship questions, she should definitely not talk to a male friend to seek some reassurance! She'll only freak out realizing what men really think, how insensitive they are.

I happened to be up early on a Sunday morning and chatting with a male friend.....

I say:
how's everything ah?

lonewolf says:
same old i guess
work wise i got a promotion a while ago

I say:
that's good la

lonewolf says:
but no big jump in salary because of the market but the firm offered me to pay my whole tuition fee
so i guess that is good..
relationship wise same old.. not much excitment but lots of fights

I say:
oh dear... hey, can i ask you sth about relationship

lonewolf says:
yeah? sure

I say:
why do men think that a relationship will remain strong if they do nothing special to creat sparks?
i was having this discussion w/ friend in singapore last night. a guy friend.
he couldn't understand why women hope to have some freshness in the relationship

lonewolf says:
because any big ego asshole like myself would always expect to receive something special regardless of how little effort that he is giving
we always want to give the minimum effort and get the best result out of it
also we perfectionist (is that how you spell that word) tend to think if it ain't broken, why fix it - so we tend to spend our energy/effort on something else
because we take it for granted that when a relationship is working.. it will work for the rest of our life
and so once it reaches certain maturity we will then look at something else like.. more guys nights.. more favourite football games on tv etc

I say:
oh my god that really really scares me. and it scares me not because you said it out loud, but because it's really true, that men think like that.
man, i'm freaking out. not that there's any problem with my relationship right now, but to think, and start to sense that it could POTENTIALLY turn into that.... it truly freaks me out. :S

No comments: