Friday, November 7, 2008

Logic

A friend asked me: how do you know if a relationship is worth fighting for?

I think it's worth fighting for for as long as you're not the only person believing in it. It'll always be a lost battle if you're the only believer.

I was telling a friend: if you're the only person cheering for a sports team and the players themselves look defeated and tell you they feel they are crap, then it's pointless for you cheering them on.

I feel very sad when my friend gets all hurt and heartbroken in a relationship, because I know how much effort she has put into it, how much she loves that person, and yet he often says the most insensitve, hurtful things to harm her. As a friend, I want her to leave him of course, because he is completely taking her for granted, but I know she keeps forgiving him and hoping he'd eventually come to his senses. At times like this, I really feel like relationship is god's punishment to some people.

This makes me feel sad. Very very sad. You know me... I always naively believe in love... that if you love someone strong enough, you'd put down your stupid ego to keep that person with you forever and ever. If you love that person enough, you can't bear to hurt her and see her cry. That's my logic and I don't know of any other logic in relationships. So whenever I hear about or I myself experience heartbreaks, my explanation is that the love is not strong enough. The love is so great... but it's not strong enough.

I am feeling very sentimental tonight and I can't explain it.

No comments: