Saturday, September 6, 2008

Alone Again, Naturally

I'm becoming more and more convinced that some people are meant to be single, no matter how much they want to be in a normal relationship. Perhaps some people have personality traits that make them difficult to be with, as partners?

I'm increasingly convinced that I'm one of those people. I've tried very very hard to share, to love, to accommodate, to accept, but I'm still not happy when little things go wrong because they remind me how much effort it took to have a simple relationship without soap opera drama anymore.

I've been looking for someone to walk with me at more or less the same pace, in more or less the same direction - only to finally realize that I do walk (and occasionally skip, hop, run) at varying paces, and I change directions as I wish. It's difficult for me to continuously follow someone's standard pace in a single direction, and it's even more difficult for someone to try and follow mine.

I don't know what to do, "knowing" that I'm probably among 1% of the population meant to live alone.

No comments: