Monday, November 26, 2007

23 26 31 (Nov 06, 07)

When I was 23, I was stuck in a very dysfunctional relationship and trying to find a job in Toronto. It was winter time, snowing heavily. I spent a lot of time hiding under the blanket crying, praying that I could hide under the sheets forever.

After 3 months, I decided I needed to leave the relationship and Toronto.

Between 24 and 26, I used to cry in the morning everyday before work. I was working with some very weird and mean people, and every work day was another day in hell. My dear friend Candy was my teammate and she used to cry every morning too.

After 2.5 years, I quit my job and did a year of charity and freelance work.

Now, I am at a crossroads again. It's been a rough year, with some very very good times, and some very very bad times. While the madness seems to have died down, life doesn't just reboot itself and continue running like nothing happened. Status quo is not an option. So I've been thinking of running away and starting a new life.

Though, I'm not 23 or 26 anymore. I don't hide under the blanket and cry for months, years, hoping for miracles to happen. I can't just leave everything behind and escape. Well, I could and I almost did, but it would be immature to NOT seek out all possible options and solutions before making a life decision. Yes it is a life decision. At 31, you don't just pick a city on the map and move there. In fact, I have been thinking a lot whether I should stay. There are some good reasons to leave, a few sound reasons to stay, coupled with a few "naive" yet compelling and conditional reasons to stay. I have about 1 month to seek out all viable options and the clock is ticking.

One month from now, I decide to ______________________ .

No comments: