Monday, November 26, 2007

Things I love about Hong Kong (Aug 27, 07)

1. The most beautiful night view in the world from the airplane. Hong Kong is so stunning and charming when it's all lit up.
2. Variety of restaurants, cuisines.
3. Mix of different ethnicities - one can meet people from all over the world.
4. Beaches are 15 mins from where I live.

5. It is warm enough almost year-round so I can wear my skimpy summer clothes basically from March until November!
6. The ding ding tram is charming and romantic (in cool weather).
7. My Happy Valley neighborhood is safe, friendly, convenient and charming:
- my neighbors speak to one another in elevators
- the doorman, Uncle Wu, chats with me and my friends (and doesn't seem to think I'm a slut for having different male visitors in the past 2 years :P Kidding!!!)
- the florist owner calls me Leng Lui and always gives me discounts
- the bitchy Lin Yuen owner remembers that I only buy their soy sauce pigeon
- probably the highest concentration of dogs in HK
8. Junk trips are such fun.
9. Some interesting short hikes not far from the city but quiet enough to take your mind off your hectic life.
10. So easy and affordable to travel around Asia (I just flew to Singapore last Friday after work and back on Sunday night, to eat and shop for earrings - even though I found Singapore generally quite boring).
11. Very international - I speak in English/ Cantonese each day depending on the occasion; I eat Asian/ American (crap)/ Italian food depending on my mood; I can hide in the more westernized Central/ Soho district or head to Causeway Bay to be surrounded by locals.
12. A lot of people I love are based on Hong Kong... my friends, family....

No comments: