Monday, November 26, 2007

Sydney morning (Sep 26, 07)

Am in Sydney right now. My first morning here.

Sydney reminds me of downtown Toronto a lot - even though we don't have such beautiful coastlines and architecture back home.

I've travelled so much in past few years that I am starting to wonder if travelling is losing that thrill and great anticipation it used to give me. My recent 3 trips I didn't even bother getting a window seat on the plane anymore. Yesterday when I was flying to Sydney, by chance I decided to swap seats with a Chinese woman so that she could sit with her husband (would have been quite sad to be separated for 8.5 hours) and ended up with a window seat, legs all cramped. When the plane was landing, the lady sitting beside me pointed at the view outside the window and I went "wowwwwww". It was then I realized I hadn't been checking out the view from the sky either. For a second just looking out the window, I had this feeling of excitement again about visiting a new country.

Gotta run to meeting soon...

No comments: