Monday, November 26, 2007

Holiday Phobia (Nov 19, 07)

You know how much I care about festivals:
there's got to be a birthday card, a cake, a present for my birthday...
there's got to be red packet under my pillow and a pot of narcissus flowers at home during Chinese New Year...
i've got to eat with family or someone special the night of Moon Festival / Chinese New Year's Eve...

And Christmas! Urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it's the most miserable time of the year, with so much social pressure to spend it with your family, good friends and lover (if any). Don't get me wrong - I used to LOVE Christmas! I used to sing Christmas carols starting from September (if not humming them year-round)! I used to insist on having a Christmas tree at home and having it decorated! I used to buy a lot of gifts for colleagues and friends! I used to buy not just one, but up to 3 presents for my boyfriend(s)! For years I used to jump up and down waiting for this special friend to come back to HK for Christmas and New Year! I used to go crazy partying and drinking on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve! And last year I had a 20-day countdown to my Tokyo Christmas and Hokkaido New Year - and some very silly "bunny bear" carols!

Urggggh! Too depressing! Better not go on and ruin my day. I hope I'll have some place to move to by then, and can throw a party this year. Nope - no crying and sulking and feeling sorry for myself! Nope - not getting drunk again like 2 years ago and regretting it (that was the most hilariously shameful thing I did in my entire life - and if you have no idea what I'm talking about, you'll never find out)!!!

~~It's the most wonderful time of the year~~

No comments: