Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Routine

I wake up once at 8:15am, let my alarm snooze every 5 minutes, until 8:45am when it stops snoozing.
Drag my lazy body to the living room, check my Gmail, Facebook and Appledaily.

Wear my contacts, brush my teeth, step into the shower, finish my shower, put on lotions.
Go back to my laptop and check for Gmail chat messages.
Blow dry my hair, add a bit of color to my face.
Finally get dressed and leave the flat. It’s 9:45am.

I say Hi to Peter the door guard.
Walk to Sing Woo Rd. 7-Eleven and catch a cab to work.
Arrive at 9:58am.

I turn on my computer and open Gmail, Facebook on Firefox, while Outlook synchronizes my mail.
Start my work day doing the usual: reminding/nagging teammates of outstanding tasks, checking project status, fixing project issues, training teammates, answering internal & external email/phone calls.
Write proposals and reports, do presentations, do cost calculations, meet clients every now and then.
Stare at “Gmail – Inbox (79)” status in the task pane every minute, checking for new mail.
Update my blog if there is something I want to write about – a habit developed after company banned all forms of chat.
Leave for lunch 12:50pm and come back 2:15pm. Sometimes with Chris the Chipmunk (nickname I gave him), sometimes my colleague. A lot of times I skip lunch.
Eat in either Harbor Chiu Chow dim sum restaurant, Saigon Vietnamese, Big Apple, or Shanghai Restaurant.
Go down to Starbucks for a drink, a tea or just a chat with my colleague or Chris the Chipmunk everyday.
Come back from lunch carrying on with my work or non-work.
Leave work finally at 7:15pm most times, sometimes around 8:30pm, occasionally midnight or later.

My evenings are a bit of a blur, depends on whatever comes up... or not. I wish I could add more variations to my evenings, since daytime routine is pretty much fixed. Though most of my friends are only up for dinners - not cooking, walking, movies, jazz gigs, listening to music and chill.

I am the least disciplined person, yet I have a routine too. Weird.

I just felt a bit dizzy and realized that one thing was missing in my routine: 3+ proper meals a day.






No comments: