Monday, November 26, 2007

Powerful words (Oct 15, 07)

My domestic helper sms-ed me on Sunday to ask whether she could drop by on Tuesday instead of Monday. I replied saying "np", assuming all Filipinos would understand that it meant no problem. I came home yesterday (Monday) and noticed my place was all tidy, so I sms-ed her and apologized for not leaving cash for her because I was under the impression she wasn't coming. She sms-ed back and said, "I was confused so I decided to drop by because I don't want to lose you."

Wow. "I don't want to lose you." When was the last time someone said this to me and who was it? "I don't want to lose you." Wow.......!!! I almost sms-ed her to ask her to say it again!

Well, companies say it, men say it, BUT 9 out of 10 times they don't do enough to prevent what they are afraid of happening from happening. In other words they mean, "I don't want to lose you, Cindy, but I will let you go."

My helper... she actually did something about it so that she wouldn't lose me! For that, I will keep her for as long as possible even though she uses dishwashing detergent to clean my bathtub, hides my socks, once put my neck brace on my teddy bear, fake flower in my plant pot...

No comments: