Monday, November 26, 2007

Blog (Nov 23, 07)

I didn't realize so many of you have been reading my blog because hardly anyone ever left me comments. It wasn't until some of you mentioned to me recently in conversations that I found out. It's nice to know that some of my friends are curious what I've been up to, what I'm thinking.

A good friend told me she felt sad after reading some of my posts. Please, Friends, don't be sad!! If anything, you should feel reassured - because these posts in the past year prove that life is full of surprises, and it is a learning experience. Yes, one could focus on the negative and argue that I had a really shitty year, filled with tears and hurt feelings; farewells and heartbreaks. Yet, I would focus on the positive, and argue that I had an eventful year: overcame a lot of challenges; became stronger, calmer and more peaceful; fell madly in love; had tons of laughter; opened my eyes to new possibilities; learned a great deal from people around me; and discovered so much more about myself!

So, don't feel sad. It's all part of the experience. I may not have a choice whether to have good or bad things happen to me, but I do have a choice how to approach them, both in action and in the mind. The worst one can do to himself/herself is not make a choice, allowing himself/herself to be thrown in all directions, all beaten up. There's an analogy I read about recently:

Imagine you are really hungry and looking at a menu in the restaurant, not knowing what to order. You can keep staring at the menu for hours, starving yourself, or you can go with your gut feeling and pick something that you are likely to enjoy the most, though uncertain now.

Do I seem like the type who stares at the menu for hours? 'Course not. :)

I think 99% of you got my blog URL through Friendster updates. I am deeply sorry for the annoying email notifications Friendster sent you whenever I posted something (hmm...though you do have a choice to deactivate it) - sometimes a few posts in one hour. Hence, I am planning to move my blog to some other public site, possibly only sending the link to closer friends unless someone specifically asks for the new link.

No comments: