Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Beautiful Girl



Cute song someone sent me, calling me "beautiful girl".

I never quite understand how to interpret it when someone (in general, not specifically referring to anyone) tells me I'm beautiful. Shall I take it as a compliment? Or an insult, being a face + a body? I have learned to accept it as a compliment, acknowledging the comment with a smile. It's a polite response. Though, what exactly does a guy expect a girl to say when he tells her she's beautiful? I mean, if a guy tells me "I really like you", I can tell him "I like you too" or "hmm... okay" or "oh don't be silly". If a guy says to me "muito gostosa", I can say "sim, obrigada" and laugh! :P But telling me I'm beautiful is to me like being told I'm tall. Imagine someone saying "hey you're tall", how do you respond? "Yes I am"? "Nah, I'm not"? "Thank you"?

Still, I enjoy the song.

No comments: